This course is for employees and organizations requiring a standardized approach to problem-solving for the purpose of continuous improvement.
This includes Project Managers, Software Professionals, Business Analysts, and Business Managers.
This course aims to;
▪Provide comprehensive knowledge to participants about the tool and techniques, advantages, and challenges of the Six Sigma methodology.
▪Provide knowledge to students to form and effectively lead a six sigma project team.
▪Provide knowledge to students to apply DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and various six sigma tools in process and quality improvement.
▪To equip students with knowledge to communicate using Six Sigma concepts
▪Familiarize participants on how to assess and manage project risk.
▪Equip students with knowledge to avoid pitfalls in implementing six sigma.
Audience keen on taking the Six Sigma Black Belt certification are required to be certified in Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Multiple choice
- 125 questions for the exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
- Online proctored exam
The pass mark for the certification is 65%
▪Participants will be able to relate Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
▪Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed for production process improvement in their organizations and help their organizations adopt Six Sigma methodology.
▪Participants will be able to play the role of a Black Belt and will be able to define, present and manage six sigma projects
▪Participants have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Six Sigma.
▪Participants are armed with the proper tools to address, resolve, and take the lead on production issues in their organizations.
▪Participants will develop superior problem-solving skills that can be immediately applied in real-world projects.
Introduction to Six Sigma
- A brief history of Quality
- What is Quality (Definitions) and service or product
- Quality Gurus & their contribution to Quality
- Enterprise wide View
- Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Formation
- Team Facilitation
- Team Dynamics
- Time Management For Teams
- Team Decision making Tools
- Management and Planning Tools
- Team Performance Evaluation And Rewards
- Overview of DMAIC
Six Sigma Methodology – Define
- Important Stakeholders
- Impact On Stakeholders
- Critical To Requirements
- Business performance measures
- Financial measures
- Kano’s Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Juran’s Customer Needs
- Market Research
- CTQ Flowdown
- Performance Metrics
- Project Charter
- Charter Negotiation
- Project management plan and Baselines
- Project Tracking
Six Sigma Methodology – Measure
- Processes, Process characteristics, process flow metrics, inputs and outputs
- Process maps and Flow chart
- Data Type & Measurement scale
- Data Collection
- Sampling strategies
- Fishbone Diagram
- Relational Matrices or Prioritization Matrix
- Basic Statistics
- Analytical Statistics
- Gauge R & R
- Process Capability Analysis
Six Sigma Methodology – Analyze
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Testing of Hypothesis
- Gap Analysis
- The Five Whys
- Pareto Diagram
- Tree Diagram
- Non value added activities
- Cost of poor Quality (COPQ)
Six Sigma Methodology – Improve
- Continuous Flow Manufacturing
- Theory of constraints
- Risk analysis
Six Sigma Methodology – Control
- Statistical Process Control
- Other Control Tools
- Maintain Controls
- Sustaining Improvements